Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Just A Quick Note

Hello Pretties! I'm now on to my third post as an official blogger and I have to admit, I'm starting to feel bloggerish! At any moment of the day I'll get an inspiration for something to post about. I'm constantly making mental notes on what I want to share with you. First off, please bear with me as I'm learning just how this whole blog thing works. I'll be the first to admit that I'm completely inexperienced in writing to an audience (as you can clearly see in all of the many grammatical and spelling errors in my first two posts) and in giving step by step instructions on how to use the products and techniques I blog about. Let me make myself very clear, I am in no way a professional in the field of beauty. I'm not even an amateur. But I am a fanatic. I am inspired and in awe of the amazing looks that beauty professionals create. I pin like crazy on Pinterest. I watch YouTube tutorials until my eyes are crossed. I scan and study all over Instagram and "like" my way through Facebook. Thanks to my iPhone I have all the latest trends, tips, & techniques ready and waiting at my fingertips. No longer do you have to enroll in courses, sit in a crowded classroom, or pay large sums of money to learn the secrets of the trade. So now your probably asking yourself "What the heck makes her qualified to write about beauty trends then?" Well, to be honest, nothing. LOL! But in my defense, most of the posts on YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, etc...are geared for the average person to be able to duplicate the looks they see at home. Some are easier than others. Some products and techniques definitely take some prior experience to pull off. It's as if the make up artists in the tutorials are speaking to other fellow artists. Here's where I come in. I try the products, attempt the techniques, and report if its actually do-able for the average girl with no experience or training. And more importantly, if a product is worth your hard earned money. Oh how I would love to be able to indulge in those coveted super size beauty haul's and fill my bathroom with endless products in every color but the reality is I am one broke cookie! Okay, I'm not broke but I definitely don't have the kind of funds to just be throwing whatever item I want or even need into a basket and purchasing willy-nilly. So the items I do spend my precious money on better be worth it and if it's not I will be sure to let you know so you don't make the same wasted purchase. If a technique I try is complicated or doesn't look as trendy or as glamorous as it appeared online I'll be sure to report that as well. Are you following? Hope that gives you a little clearer insight into where I'm coming from and what I hope to achieve with these posts. Thanks for taking the time to read and as I learn more about the blog world and hone my beautification skills I'm sure my posts will evolve in quality and content as well. So thank you for your patience and your support. Cheers to learning and getting pretty together!

No comments:

Post a Comment